Dr. Lawrence Micheli studied Kinesiology at the University of Waterloo and graduated with Honours for his Doctorate of Chiropractic from the National College of Chiropractic. After graduation, he served as an Active Release Technique (ART) instructor for over 13 years.
More recently, he became the first chiropractor in Canada to be certified in the Fascial Distortion Model (FDM), and is now teaching other therapists across North America this unique and invaluable technique. In addition, he has attained a Medical Professional certification from the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) to enhance his work with golfers. His focus on improving patient movement dysfunction led him to learn the Functional Movement Screen and Selective Functional Movement Assessment.
Dr. Lawrence utilizes a treatment approach that focuses on improving patient function through the treatment of mobility and stability dysfunctions. He utilizes various treatment tools including manual therapy, acupuncture, shockwave therapy and exercise rehabilitation.
Dr. Lawrence provides care for amateur and professional athletes from many sports, including: hockey, basketball, golf, tri-sport athletes, kayak/canoe, beach volleyball, figure skating, MMA, and track and field.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Honours Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, University of Waterloo
- Bachelor of Science, National Chiropractic College
- Doctor of Chiropractic, National Chiropractic College
- Active Release Techniques (ART), Upper, Lower, Spine, Masters, Long Track Nerve Entrapment
- ART Instructor
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture, McMaster University
- Golf Fitness Instructor Levels 1-3, Titleist Performance Institute
- Leadership Intensive, E-Myth
- Anatomy Trains
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Level 1 & 2
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Level 1 & 2
- Redcord, Neurac Level 1
- Fascial Distortion Model (FDM), Upper, Lower, Advanced
- FDM Instructor
- Standard and Emergency First Aid with CPR – C
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE HE'S EVER RECEIVED:
You miss 100% of the chances you are too afraid to take.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
Soft Tissue Injury treatment in the active population and performance improvement for athletes.