Jocelyn studied Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario and completed her Masters of Physiotherapy Studies at the University of Queensland, receiving the Dean’s Award of Academic Excellence & Clinical Proficiency.
Since graduating, Jocelyn has become certified in various treatment methodologies including Contemporary Medical Acupuncture, Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), and the Fascial Distortion Model (FDM).
Jocelyn competed internationally as a downhill ski racer, which fostered her strong interest in sport injury prevention and rehabilitation. Jocelyn has worked with various athletes, including members of the Canadian National Ski Team and Australian National Hockey & Field Hockey Leagues. Jocelyn is still an avid recreational skier and continues to maintain an active healthy lifestyle.
Jocelyn’s treatment approach focuses on improving pain and function, while identifying and treating movement dysfunctions that can predispose patients to injury. Jocelyn uses a variety of treatment modalities including manual therapy, exercise prescription, acupuncture, and functional mobility rehabilitation.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Physiotherapy Studies (MPhtySt.), University of Queensland Australia
- Honours Bachelor Specialization Kinesiology (BHonsKin.), University of Western Ontario
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture, McMaster University
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Fascial Distortion Model (FDM)
- Concussion Research Publication in Elsevier Academic Journal of Musculoskeletal Science and Practice
- Baseline Concussion Testing Specialist, Holland Bloorview Rehabilitation Hospital
- Certified Level 1 Alpine Skiing Coach (CSCF)
- Emergency First Aid & CPR AED
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel!
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Manual physiotherapy
- Exercise & acupuncture rehabilitation for soft tissue injury and prevention in the active population