With a life-long passion for sport, health and fitness, Sean grew up in Australia playing tennis, cricket, and Australian rules football. After a decade working in personal training and strength and conditioning, he moved to Canada and pursued his interest in sports medicine. He completed the Athletic Therapy program at York University, a degree in Kinesiology and Health Science, and continues to further his education and training with certification in Fascial Stretch Therapy, Soft Tissue Release, and Olympic Weightlifting.
In addition to treating active populations from all walks of life in the clinic, Sean continues to work in the field with world-class athletes in a range of sports (including tennis, golf, triathlon, soccer, and more). To do so, he applies an evidence-informed approach to guide clients through their rehabilitation journey. He has helped clients recover from injuries including lumbar disc herniation, golfers and tennis elbow, post-operative knee conditions (ACL, MCL, menisci, quad tendon repair), sprains, strains, muscle pain and tightness.
He understands the needs of those living an active lifestyle having conquered the Salkantay Trail in the Peruvian Andes Mountains and events such as Tough Mudder. Having recovered from several injuries throughout his athletic career, he strives to help his clients improve their quality of life and achieve optimal performance through proper education, individualized rehabilitation plans, and hands-on treatment.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University
- Certificate in Athletic Therapy, York University
- Certified Athletic Therapist, Canadian Athletic Therapist Association
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Level One Strength & Conditioning Coach, Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- Fascial Stretch Therapist
- Soft-Tissue Release
- Certified First Responder
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE HE'S EVER RECEIVED:
Be present in the moment and focus on what you can control.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Athletic performance and rehabilitation
- Functional rehabilitation through therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy including soft-tissue release and mobilizations
- Fascial Stretch Therapy to improve mobility, strength, and overall movement quality